sexta-feira, 30 de março de 2012

Azmi Bishara on the "Palestinian Nation"

Azmi Bishara was one of the many Arab members of the Israeli Knesset (parliament). He fled the country after the police uncovered his connections with Islamic terrorist groups. In the following video he talks about the "Palestinian nation":

Azmi Bishara: I don't think there is a Palestinian nation at all.
Interviewer: You don't think...?
Azmi Bishara: No. I think there's an Arab nation. And I always thought like this and I did not change my mind about it. I don't think there's a "Palestinian nation", I think that's a colonialist invention. When were there any Palestinians?... Where is it?... What...
I think there is an Arab Nation. I never turned to be a Palestinian nationalist, despite of my decisive struggle against the occupation. I think that, until the end of the 19th century, Palestine was the south of Great Syria.

And here is Fathi Hammad (פתחי חמאד, فتحي حماد), from Hamas, talking about the origins of the "Palestinian nation":

2:08
"... half of the Palestinians are Egyptians and the other half are Saudis"

Nenhum comentário:

Postar um comentário